What we have observed is to really prepare kids for the future, there are very few ways and one of the best of those few are to learn to code! What is interesting and important to understand is, in the 21st century, coding for kids has the potential to help them academically, building perseverance and organisationational skills that can also translate into a career.
Coding Improves Academic Performance
1. Mathematics: Coding potentially teaches kids and helps them to process and visualize abstract concepts, In Scratch Math, we let them apply math to real-world situations, and eventually make math fun, creative and contextual!
2. Writing: We have observed that kids who code can sense the value of concision and planning, which translates into better writing skills.
3. Creativity: Kids learn through experimentation, trial, and error which also strengthens their brain when they code, it also allows them to embrace their creativity since whenever they face any problem statement, there are a lot of ways to solve it. We believe that creativity is not just in solving/finding an answer but also select the best answer from the pool of possible answers.
4. Confidence: A lot of parents have reported that they’ve noticed their kid’s confidence growing and building as they learn problem-solving through us and we are so proud of this fact! It is even observed that Coding builds Soft Skills
5. Focus and Organization: As kids start writing complicated code, there is a natural improvement in focus and organization.
6. Resilience: With a lot of exciting coding comes interesting debugging – and we believe that there’s no better way to build perseverance and resilience than working through challenges and others trusting them to solve it also! We also sincerely believe that kids with just enough focus and aptitude can potentially become solution creators of the future,
7. Communication: Coding can help create a lot of interesting programs, while even solving problems can teach logical communication, it can even strengthening both verbal and written skills. We have also seen kids create apps to help the visually challenged! Think about it: learning code means learning a new language, why should we wait for it?
Coding Paves a Path to the Future
8. Empowerment: Coding gives kids the power to make a difference – kids can use the platform to spread messages of tolerance and kindness, they can join our Incubator Program which enables them to share their ideas with the team and even possibly join Code Entrepreneur Program, and interact with select Google, IBM and Microsoft Engineers, pitch their ideas and even generate funding to launch their startup!
9. Life Skills: We believe coding is a new literacy and especially in the digital age, and it’s important for kids to understand, apply, and innovate through technology.
10. Career Preparation: There’s a very high demand for coding skills not just in the tech industry, we have observed that mastering code at a young age allows kids to excel in any field and the skills they pick on the way are very essential and useful.
Feel free to share your views! At Code Crayon, there is no limitation to expression and creativity! So go ahead hit that comment button and share your views/code/game with us, we may also include it in our curriculum and you will get to teach others!